Dorset Fine Dining is owned and operated by professional chef, Nick Holt
“My passion and experience in cooking has developed over the last 20 years. I am very fortunate to work in Dorset with its abundance of high quality produce and I try to find small individual producers who can provide me with quality, seasonal ingredients. Whilst this is important to me, I also allow myself the freedom to explore further afield and discover excellence from beyond the locality.
I had a wonderful start to my career, being trained in classical French cuisine under the first British Chef to gain a Michelin Star with the Roux brothers at Le Poulbot in London. Using those classical methods as a basis, I think I have been able to carve my own niche, which I now endeavour to express in my work through Dorset Fine Dining.
I firmly believe, the food should always speak for itself and never try to over complicate my dishes with too many flavours and elements.”
Achievements & Training
- Trained at Thanet Technical College on a 3 year Advanced Catering Diploma
- Attended catering college in Rheims, France called Neufchâtel
- Worked at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, London
- Achieved 3 AA Rosettes at Wallets Court Hotel, Kent in 1998 with owner Chris Oakley – Masterchef and first British Head Chef under the Roux brothers to achieve a Michelin Star
- Worked in banqueting at the Selsdon Park Hotel, Croydon 2 AA Rosettes
- Worked at Grayshott Hotel Spa, Surrey
- Achieved 2 AA Rosettes at The Grange at Oborne, Dorset in 2009
- Made assorted terrines for Capreolus Fine Foods who sold them to Selfridges and the National Gallery in London as well as other prestigious establishments in and around London
- Outside catering for Gideon Hitchin Catering
- Sole caterer for Symondsbury Estates near Bridport, providing private catering for guests who book the private houses
- Founded Dorset Fine Dining – offering bespoke catering for any event from weddings, corporate events to dinner parties